Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Don't be stupid like me!

27 replies to this topic
  • aftershock

Posted October 02, 2001 - 08:01 PM

That quote says it all.

• DOC

Posted October 03, 2001 - 12:47 AM

"I racked my head pretty bad, with the gouges/road rash measuring 3 inches long X 1.5 inches wide. It looks quite grisly. It is still dripping 7 hours after my crash."
Yeah, that is pretty funny. Funny as cancer. And you are right, i should have known.....

• mcarp

Posted October 03, 2001 - 12:01 PM

Sorry, doc--Many of us know and have rode with Kevin (and he's one of the TT originals)-if he was hurt bad he would have said so...otherwise I would agree, injuries are no laughing matter to anyone...

I'm just glad the rock is OK!

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 03, 2001 - 05:05 PM

I live to make people laugh, I REALLY do! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joecallan

Posted October 06, 2001 - 03:04 PM

When I ride. I put every piece of gear has ever been created. I call it my super man gear. Once I put it on I'm pretty much invincible. I usually crash about 5 times every time I go out. I kind of enjoy eating sht. Posted Image

• armourbl

Posted October 06, 2001 - 03:56 PM

I know how to make sure you all wear your gear everytime. Buy the expensive stuff and you will not only look cool but you will feel justified for having spent the money.

I just bought an Arai helmet, for $400. Not so much because it cost so much but more because it truly was the only helmet that fit me right. Plus I have a street model Arai and really like being able to pull the guts out and clean them in the washer -- always feels like a new helmet after cleaning.

"How much is you head worth right"

To justify it to the wife, I told her... "I bring home the bacon, but if I ride Saturday and can't go to work Monday, then no more bacon."

2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Tap Bars
jet kit
YZ timing
Grey wire mod
Pro Rally hand guards
YZ plastic

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted October 09, 2001 - 04:59 PM

Damn- I've been busy and haven't checked the site recently, I post on and you and Dougie are both hurt. I thought you would have already had too much scar tissue up there to get cut.

I vote for the backpacker story. You were out and a sierra club member went wild. Heal fast and don't do it again.

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 09, 2001 - 06:14 PM

I was keeping my wounds covered in Vitamin E and Bactitracin (SP?). It is healing up quite surprisingly well!! Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.