2000 WR400 timing/grey wire question

3 replies to this topic
  • Phat Twin

Posted March 06, 2006 - 02:54 PM

I just picked a 2000 WR400 for a great price with a ton of mods done to the bike and had a question for y'all.

The bike has been jetted for a YZ muffler, had the YZ timing done and also has the grey wire mod done. This bike really has some serious torque :thumbsup: .

It sits in my garage with the stock WR muffler on (uncorked with a special custom made, free flowing, downturned insert) and it runs great as it sits. If I plugged the grey wire back in to access some low end grunt for tricky east coast woods riding in 1st/2nd gear, is that going to cause any problems because I have the YZ timing done to the cams as well as the YZ jetting of the carb? Or would I hardly notice any difference because of the timing change?

I've been riding a few years, and this is my first "real" bike to play with. :thumbsup: Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

• dbailey223

Posted March 06, 2006 - 03:07 PM

Consensus is don't plug the grey wire in. It will not give you any increase in umph, and will actually limit you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fuzzbee

Posted March 07, 2006 - 06:51 AM

I ride the same type of trails with the same bike, leave it unplugged and get a flywheel weight and 52 tooth rear for the slow stuff.

• Phat Twin

Posted March 07, 2006 - 01:27 PM

I ride the same type of trails with the same bike, leave it unplugged and get a flywheel weight and 52 tooth rear for the slow stuff.

I already have a 12oz flywheel weight and a 52 on the rear to boot. I think I'm going to try it out this weekend.

Thanks for the input!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.