Edelbrock rubbing hole in gas tank

1 reply to this topic
  • Agent2

Posted March 06, 2006 - 08:16 AM

A few days ago I read a thread on here about this problem. Just installed the pumper on my 650r, had rode it once. Took off the tank and sure as heck the front corner of the carb was rubbing against the tank. Some guys turn the carb a little off center so it dosen't rub but that puts the a/p screw real close to the header. I took a file to the corner - just rounded it off and smoothed it out a bit - problem solved. If you have installed a pumper on your pig you might want to make sure this isn't happening to your tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jaybert600

Posted March 06, 2006 - 11:48 AM

I and many others have had this problem. Obviously it never got fixed.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.