Am I doing damage

3 replies to this topic
  • nurooi

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:41 AM

Hi All,

Once again in my infinite wisdom I did my impression of the flying canonball over the handlebars. Once the embarrament had subsided, I looked over the bike and noticed I had damaged the header pipe.

I have fixed the dent in the headerpipe as per the forums instructions (thanks to all the posts on removing dents). However, I me thinks the pipe actually bent as well. I installed the GYT-R muffler and have noticed that it touches the frame (Blue vertical bar). If I move the entire exhaust and re-bolt it, it still touches the frame. I have ridden like this for a couple of weeks and other than the bar getting hot, nothing else seems wrong.

Your advice please.

Nurooi :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 06, 2006 - 10:31 PM

replace it with a SS aftermarket header. The stock Titanium unit will only get worse as it heat cycle fatigues. :thumbsup: I went thru 4 of them so I know they only last about 30 weekends before a pebble can ding them in! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nurooi

Posted March 08, 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hi Indy,

Thanks for the reply. Any ideas of makes / models of the aftermarket headers. Where I am from they would not know what I am talking about so I will probably need to do a postal order.

Once again - thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 08, 2006 - 08:13 AM

You can order the YZ426 stock header which is SS but the heat shield is a different design and mount or you can get a powerbomb SS SX header from FMF. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.