2006 YZ450f gas question????

8 replies to this topic
  • MUSTANGCOBRA1353

Posted March 06, 2006 - 05:54 AM

I just got my 2006 YZ450F and read the manuel on how to break it in. I found a section that said use 95 rating or higher. I would like to know what everybody else is running, or can you use 93 pump gas from a regular gas station? Thanks

• yz_anders

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hmm, I use 98 in all my bikes..
I don´t know what the rates are in USA, but here thats the highest except racing fuel..

• Ga426owner

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:58 AM

I just got my 2006 YZ450F and read the manuel on how to break it in. I found a section that said use 95 rating or higher. I would like to know what everybody else is running, or can you use 93 pump gas from a regular gas station? Thanks

I run only VP U4...exclusively in both my bikes. It provides the best power - have been using it for years, but it does cost :thumbsup:
93 pump gas is fine - BP is the cleanest - :thumbsup:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted March 06, 2006 - 07:02 AM

Yeah I would just run the highst pump gas you can find it will be fine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MUSTANGCOBRA1353

Posted March 06, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Thanks, I do not want to hurt anything

• grayracer513

Posted March 06, 2006 - 10:11 AM

The 95 octane listed in the manual is Research Method Octane. The Research method is commonly used outside the U.S., and tends to produce somewhat higher numbers for a given level of detonation resistance (which is the ONLY thing measured by octane number) than the Motor Method does. U.S. gas pumps are labeled using an average of these two methods. You've seen that as the sticker that says, "R+M/2". Pump octanes of 91-93 are generally more than adequate for a YZF.

Racing gas WILL produce better performance, but that's because it's a chemically superior fuel, not because it has a higher octane rating.

• Reyndogg

Posted March 06, 2006 - 10:59 AM

yeah, 93 pump gas for me...

• riderman329

Posted March 06, 2006 - 03:44 PM

i mix my gas 50/50 with 110 and pump gas

but i also use U4 when i have the extra money, but after my race i drain it out of the tank and use it for next weekends race!

• Decreasing Dave

Posted March 07, 2006 - 01:49 AM

I run only VP U4...exclusively in both my bikes. It provides the best power - have been using it for years, but it does cost :thumbsup:

Yeah....I use VP U4 in my R6 racebike......LOTS OF IT :bonk:

It costs me $12.00/gal. :thumbsup:

I think I can do without that kind of performance for this bike for now. :bonk:

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.