Header guard on a budget

2 replies to this topic
  • bradc-wr450

Posted March 05, 2006 - 10:49 PM

Thought I'd pass on an idea that is working well on my bike. The problem everyone has after putting on a new header (FMF power bomb for me) is the lack of heat shield/guard.

The after market version are kinda spendy for me and I saw a couple fab ideas but as I was at Home Depot (my favorite place) it donned on me that the stock one might work...

Turns out, you can bend it to fit the new header easily and with a few large flat top bolts, washers, nuts (for stand off) and 2 or 3 hose clamps you are in business.

I've been running mine for a month or so and even have a desert race on it without any problems.

See ya on the trail or in the sand

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted March 05, 2006 - 11:00 PM

sounds cool! post a pic if you can.

• bageera

Posted March 06, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Have you considered wrapping your header instead of using a guard? look for the threads, you might like it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.