Fuel Screw Missing!!!???

5 replies to this topic
  • DCaddy

Posted March 05, 2006 - 09:22 PM

I have a 05 WR-450 that has never idled properly. I haven't worried about it too much in the past as I have been slowly doing all the usual modifications that we all do to the bikes, and then I figured that I would adjust the idle after they were all done. Well the last part of my modifications were done today with the JD jet kit and when I went to look for my fuel screw, all I saw was a tiny hole inside the hole where the fuel screw was suppose to be. After searching a few threads to see whats up with that....... I now realize that I too am a victim of the missing fuel screw. :thumbsup: (No aluminum plug either) My question is, Where is the o-ring that normally secures and seals the fuel screw on this type of carburetor? Is it on the screw itself, or does it seat inside the fuel screw hole? I am now planning on getting the Zip-Ty fuel screw and wonder if it comes with the o-ring, or do I need to get one. Or does it even have one? Any help/advice would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

• camaro345

Posted March 05, 2006 - 09:30 PM

The o-ring is on the screw itself. The zip-ty fuel screw doesn't come with an o-ring. Theres also a spring that is on the original screw that will need to be used with the zip-ty as well. So you must use the original o-ring and spring with a zip-ty fuel screw.

• Moondogger

Posted March 06, 2006 - 12:47 AM

Join the club, bro. My Zip-Ty fuel screw fell out on the second ride after I installed it.

I'm a little confused with your situation, the 05 WR450 doesn't have an external fuel screw. It's inside the carb and it's covered by a small plastic cover. This plastic cover needs to be drilled or picked out, it's in there pretty tight. Is this what fell out?

-Alex

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted March 06, 2006 - 02:32 AM

Zip-Ty fuel screw has a crap O-ring, mine fell off after Dyno.

Timo Mc

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:35 AM

I believe the Zipty screw does not come with any of the other parts. There is an oring, a washer and a spring. Do not put it together without the washer between the oring and the spring or you will destroy the oring. Also stretch the spring a bit to give more tension on the screw. That will help keep the Zipty screw from falling out. The bad news is that I don't think you can buy the spring, washer and oring seperately from Yamaha (you have to buy the whole assembly with the stock screw). I think Sudco (www.sudco.com) sells them seperately.

• DCaddy

Posted March 06, 2006 - 08:05 AM

From what I have heard, the cover for the internal screw is aluminum. That is missing also. I had a clear view of the hole when I put the JD kit on and all I saw was a small orifice about 2 inches up in the carb, assuming this is where the the fuel screw would control the idle fuel mixture if anything like any other carburetor I have worked on. Thanks for all the help and keep it coming, I'll figure out what to do in a few days with all the help from the forum.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.