Awesome!

4 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted March 05, 2006 - 08:21 PM

Since I have all these new Aftermarket Parts on my 2000 Yamaha WR400F it feels like a brand new bike!

It's scary fast!

I have a Baja Baffle on the end cap of the muffler!

Whenever I take the baffle off it's louder and faster!

Is it better to run the baffle on or off?

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 05, 2006 - 08:31 PM

Since I have all these new Aftermarket Parts on my 2000 Yamaha WR400F it feels like a brand new bike!

It's scary fast!

I have a Baja Baffle on the end cap of the muffler!

Whenever I take the baffle off it's louder and faster!

Is it better to run the baffle on or off?

If the bike is jetted to run with the baffle, run the baffle. If its not jetted to run with the baffle off, the air fuel mixture will be lean and you will do motor damage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pkcof

Posted March 05, 2006 - 11:48 PM

If the bike is jetted to run with the baffle, run the baffle. If its not jetted to run with the baffle off, the air fuel mixture will be lean and you will do motor damage.

- Good advice ! ... or at least jet it to run correctly without the baffle if you do most of your riding that way and then if you need it quieter for a short time the engine will still be protected from running lean (although it will be slightly rich) - just carry a spare plug to be on the safe side (yep, i know that everyone always carries a spare plug !!)

• Moondogger

Posted March 06, 2006 - 12:21 AM

Hey Marcus,

How did the parts I sent you work out? Did they fit your bike?

-Alex

• marcusmoberg

Posted March 06, 2006 - 10:28 AM

I haven't installed them yet but I will soon!

I had to put the bike back together with all of the new aftermarket parts I bought!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.