Breather setup

No replies to this topic
  • eater_of_dirt

Posted September 29, 2001 - 02:37 PM

Did this on my blue bike, and on my dads red. First thing I did was take the breather and split it into two lines, then I took one of the lines and put a 1 way valve on the line to allow flow into the crank case, I then ran this line up and into my airbox between filter and carb, so I get filtered air into my crankcase. Then I put a 1 way valve on the other hose that allows flow out of the crank case and let this line hang down. Works like a dream. For the valves I just used some small hose valves that my dad just literally had lying around, you can probably find them pretty easy.

This setup has a few benefits, it eliminates the oil that you get in the airbox usually if you reroute lines to box, and it of course ends dirt and water getting into crankcase and carbs, unless you managed to get water in you're airbox.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.