Dual Sport in Nevada

3 replies to this topic
  • glabudde

Posted March 04, 2006 - 08:01 PM

Any feed back on dual sporting an XR650R in Reno, NV DMV? I have a baja kit installed, certification from dealer that it is street legal. Stock wheels are not DOT approved, and still have some life on them and I'd prefer not to change them at this point, but don't want to waste time if it isn't gonning to work. How picky are they?

• targetdrone

Posted March 04, 2006 - 08:16 PM

Nevada DMV uses form RD64 (you can download it from their website) for a DMV certified dealer or garage to fill out and certify that the bike is street worthy. They only check for: Headlight (hi/low), tail light, brake light (on primary brake), turn signals, horn, mirrors (2), muffler, and rear reflector.

There is NOTHING on the form about tires, rims, or even the mythical metal tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • glabudde

Posted March 04, 2006 - 08:22 PM

Thanks - any suggestion on the rear reflector, maybe on a liscense plate frame?

• targetdrone

Posted March 04, 2006 - 11:58 PM

Thanks - any suggestion on the rear reflector, maybe on a license plate frame?

Here's my XR set up:
Posted Image
Posted Image
And here's the UFO tail light on my YZ:
Posted Image

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.