7 replies to this topic
  • MXH

Posted September 28, 2001 - 06:44 AM

I'm having trouble getting hold of a standard 12.5 to 1 piston, but can get hold of a 13.5 to 1 compression piston. Has anyone tried the 13.5 to 1 ? Any other changes required? Does it make any difference?

• yzernie

Posted September 28, 2001 - 09:53 PM

Originally posted by MXH:
I'm having trouble getting hold of a standard 12.5 to 1 piston

Are you talking about a stock piston or any 12.5 to piston???

--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing

• MXH

Posted October 04, 2001 - 02:00 AM

Well, I was referring to the difference in compression ratio, but are you going to suggest a difference in different makes of piston as well?

• SFO

Posted October 05, 2001 - 02:54 PM

I am running a 13.5 to 1 97mm wiseco.
After setting the deck height/squish with 22cc of chamber volume the static compression is around 14 to 1.
The other changes include putting grip tape on the seat cover so I can hang on!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted October 06, 2001 - 06:28 AM

SFO, what fuel are you burning? What gearing are you running? I had to go up a tooth on the front to be able to use first gear at all.

Ain't that motor wonderful?

MX Tuner

• SFO

Posted October 06, 2001 - 06:43 AM

I am reading right out of Riches bible. Thank you for hooking me up with him.
The bike is on the dyno right now.
I am comparing strait B37 to B37 with MTBE and am also running some unleaded nutec to see how it compares.
I am also running a Arrow pipe and the falicon cam sprockets set at intake 105 lca and exhaust 106 lca.
I also took 50 grams out of the piston/wristpin. The dyno will tell if I made stuff too light...
I also brought all the needles from TT and JD.
Dale Lineaweaver, (my friend with the dyno) laughs and pulls out a box that has at least 500 needles in it. He says that he thinks he has it covered.
Dale is looking at the 97mm setup for a husaberg to contest his Pace championship.
Yup, this thing flat out hauls the mail.
I will post the #'s as soon as I know.
I hope it lives.
Oh yea, midrange hit is too mild a description for what this thing does.
I am still running my woods gearing, 14-52.
now the first two gears are unusable.
It reminds me of my old yz490, keep the bike in a taller gear than you think always, or end up on your head!

[This message has been edited by SFO (edited October 06, 2001).]

• MX_Tuner

Posted October 06, 2001 - 04:12 PM

Remember what they say: "Too much horsepower is *just* enough".

MX Tuner

• SFO

Posted October 08, 2001 - 01:24 PM

52 dynojet rear wheel hp.
will post the chart if you are interested.
The arrow pipe is great!
I will post the db #'s tommorow.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.