james dean

5 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted September 28, 2001 - 04:37 AM

You replyed to my big problem please help which i am gratful but what did you me about plate on wrong?

• Hick

Posted September 28, 2001 - 06:33 AM

JD was referring to the slide plate I believe. I’ve never noticed, but Boit on the YZ side discovered that it was possible to put it back in upside down. I imagine this could cause some weird carburetion problems.

Hope this helps.

• James_Dean

Posted September 28, 2001 - 06:51 AM

Thats right, the throttle slide has a plate facing the engine. A few guys have taken the slide and plate apart for cleaning (or curiosity) and put the plate back in upside down causing problems that couldn't be cured.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • higgy426

Posted September 28, 2001 - 07:00 AM

problems that couldn't be cured until he put it in the right way?

• Taffy

Posted September 28, 2001 - 07:25 AM

the right way up?

the little cutaway should be at the bottom and the height of that cutaway measured against the edge of the kitchen table is 1.5mm

• James_Dean

Posted September 28, 2001 - 12:06 PM

Yes, after turning it right side up the problem was corrected. It will never run correctly upside down.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.