tripple clamp 2000 to 2006

3 replies to this topic
  • jobstress

Posted March 03, 2006 - 08:10 AM

Will my triple clamp and dampener from a 2000 wr 400 transfer to a newer model?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 03, 2006 - 08:19 AM

The top clamp will NOT fit. The 05 and 06 WR now have the 48mm forks. If I remember correctly the 02 had a smaller fork. The dampener shouldn't be a problem but you'll have to get another TC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vorra65

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:18 AM

Make sure the triple is for the WR and not the YZ. YZ is approxiamately 1/4" shorter at the steering neck. And Dan is correct, in 05 the fork tube diameter was increased by 2mm. Fork tube diameter and stem length are your two major concerns.

• jobstress

Posted March 03, 2006 - 04:10 PM

sound like that opens the door for a used 03 or 04 they have e-start right? not sure if I am ready to spend dough for a newer bike but want to start thinking and saving just in case the right deal comes up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.