Ede,brock is in!

9 replies to this topic
  • wickedsprint

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:09 AM

Had to get a little creative with the fuel line install, no matter how I arranged it it wanted to touch the kickstarter, so I got creative, rotated the nipple on the back of the carb to face to the left of the bike, and ran the fuel line up and over the carb between the airbox and backside of carb and then across to the petcock, works like a charm and is nice and titdy.

Now for settings, bike is uncorked and at 6200 feet, running the 17E needle and started at 6 clicks out..holy crap it was rich in the lowend, would barely run, missing on acceleration..etc, topend was nice though, backed it out to 13 clicks and what a difference, amazingly the bike has more throttle response, layed down some nice 3rd gear powerslides. This is the first thumper I have ever ridden that supports the idea of 4-strokes having low end torque.

• JackAttack

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:18 AM

Some of us had problems with the corner of the carb rubbing a hole in the stock tank.

Better keep an eye on it.

I'm refering to the "R" model. I'm not sure about the "L"adies bike.

• Supplicate

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:54 AM

When Mr. Barnum installed mine, he cut the metal tube elbow down quite a bit to make it fit "The way it is supposed to" (his words exactly).

edit: helps if I read :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• ghoti

Posted March 03, 2006 - 08:05 AM

Some of us had problems with the corner of the carb rubbing a hole in the stock tank.

Better keep an eye on it.

The L is just fine the way it is without having to buy yet another $500.00 part. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Old_Man_Time

Posted March 03, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I've been considering an "L"adies myself for color cordination purposes. It will go well with my pink dress and tights. Then I will be allowed to ride with ghoti.
:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:35 AM

I've been considering an "L"adies myself for color cordination purposes. It will go well with my pink dress and tights. Then I will be allowed to ride with ghoti.
:thumbsup:

I just knew you were a cross dresser. :thumbsup:

• wickedsprint

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:41 AM

I noticed the tankcomes close to the carb top, I roated the carb enough to clear it, thanks.

• TimBrp

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Give us another update when you've got her dialed in. I'm trying to convince myself to get one this year.

• Supplicate

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:55 AM

what elevation are you setting this one up for anyway?

We'll have to compair notes once I get mine dialed for 7,000+ later this year. For now its going to stick at the 4,000 jetting for the little sahara :thumbsup:

• wickedsprint

Posted March 03, 2006 - 12:51 PM

Ihaveit setup right now for 6200ish.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.