Clarke 4.3 reserve capacity XR650R?

10 replies to this topic
  • RdrMtn

Posted March 03, 2006 - 06:56 AM

Just ordered a Clarke 4.3 for my 650R. Does anyone know what the reserve capacity is? Thanks.

• JackAttack

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:05 AM

Depends on your petcock.

However you will find that when you run out of gas there will still be a splash of gas stuck on the other side of the tank that you could tip over and get a few extra miles out of.

• RdrMtn

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:08 AM

I will be using the stock petcock.

• JackAttack

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:10 AM

I will be using the stock petcock.

Just about the same as the stock tank.

If you must have a more technical answer I will be working on my bike today and could drain out what I have and measure it.

• RdrMtn

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:17 AM

Thanks, but there is no need to go to that kind of effort. I will have it soon enough and see for myself. Thanks for the info!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DanMc

Posted March 03, 2006 - 11:22 AM

The reserve is about the same but there's about half a gallon still in the left side of the tank when reserve runs dry. Flop the bike over to the right side to slosh it over(this has gotten me back several times).

Dan

• painkilla

Posted March 03, 2006 - 12:37 PM

I was gonna ask this exact same question myself .

• snaggleXR650

Posted March 03, 2006 - 06:20 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've heard that alot of people get way more than 4.3 gallons in there, almost 5 in some cases. I guess it depends on the manufacturing run. I've got my Clarke on the way, I guess I'll be finding out, but just thought I would mention it.

• JackAttack

Posted March 03, 2006 - 06:28 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've heard that alot of people get way more than 4.3 gallons in there, almost 5 in some cases. I guess it depends on the manufacturing run. I've got my Clarke on the way, I guess I'll be finding out, but just thought I would mention it.

This is correct.

On a warm day the weight of the fuel seems to expand the sides of the tank a bit and it will hold extra fuel.

Make sure you rinse out your tank with fuel before you mount it. There will be plastic shavings inside that may clog your petcock screen after installation.

• Mudshark

Posted March 03, 2006 - 06:35 PM

I have one gallon left in the tank after it goes onto reserve. It took
3.322 gallons to fill it up after it went onto reserve, I rode on reserve for
about 2 miles to get to the gas station.
So you should get about 30 miles out of it..... depending on how slow you go :thumbsup:

• PeterHively

Posted March 06, 2006 - 06:16 PM

Mine took 4.8 gallons the very first time I filled it.

And yes, do flush it out. I didn't see anything in there so I didn't flush it. Ooops. Hard to see fine bits of clear plastic!

Peter

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.