Does 05 WR still have grey wire to cut?

11 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted March 02, 2006 - 09:51 PM

I had a 2002 WR426, and now I have the 2005, and don't know if you still have to cut the grey wire. Where is the grew wire located if I do need to cut it? I have my 05 WR450 Street legal in California so I am not doing to bad in that department, but I don't know about the grey wire thing.

• RC81

Posted March 02, 2006 - 11:07 PM

Yes it does. I did it to mine. The harness is located under the seat.

• WheelsUp

Posted March 03, 2006 - 12:01 AM

The harness is located under the seat.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:
They've always been under the tank along the frame.
You have to pull the seat to get there, but that's where it's been.

• Matty05

Posted March 03, 2006 - 12:09 AM

One could argue it is in front of the tank! :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted March 03, 2006 - 04:30 AM

I did did both my 426 and 450, yep yep....both under the tank :thumbsup:

• odonnks

Posted March 03, 2006 - 09:16 AM

Heres a good description. Its for the WR250 but still applies.

http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted March 03, 2006 - 09:45 PM

I did did both my 426 and 450, yep yep....both under the tank :bonk:

:bonk: Depends where you cut it! Where does the wire come from :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• RC81

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:17 PM

My mistake. Under the tank it is.

• WheelsUp

Posted March 03, 2006 - 11:43 PM

:bonk: Depends where you cut it! Where does the wire come from :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CDI... in front of the tank on the stem. I'm not sure where it goes, because it's only connected to a logic ground.

• Matty05

Posted March 03, 2006 - 11:45 PM

I was being sarcastic..............

• byggd

Posted March 04, 2006 - 03:55 AM

I was being sarcastic..............

No way....that's so out of character for you :thumbsup:

• dl19

Posted March 10, 2006 - 11:26 PM

Yes it does, but don't cut it just unplug it. The coupling looks like there are several areas holding it it, but if you look close the side towards the front is actually more in the middle and is only held by one clip. It pops right out. Simply unplug the coupling, and then use a awl or small screw driver to release the pin. When you look down inside the pin you will see a small plastic clip holding it in. It looks like you should push the plastic towards the pin, but actually pry it away from the pin and pull on the wire. It will slide right out including the seal. I then used silicone after plugging it back in because it will get pushed out as you plug it back in due to a air tight plug. Tape up the grey wire and you are good to go.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.