Is a WR450 going to be too much for me?

28 replies to this topic
  • WildRide

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:40 PM

[quote name='Old_Yeller']I feel like a little kid and I know you all know what I mean! QUOTE]

That is exactly why I love motorcycles!!! I am 50 years old going on 7 whan I get within 10ft of a bike. I lose all my rational adult thoughts and LOVE it.

• bigbluerider

Posted March 03, 2006 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for your advice guys. I know I made the right choice. I didn't get it home until after dark so I only go to put around in front of the house but first thing tommorow morning I'm on it!

I feel like a little kid and I know you all know what I mean! Aint nothin like getting a new bike. When I was a little kid I would bring my brand new mini bike into the living room and sleep next to it... Lets see if I set the alarm... :thumbsup:

Good for you! I too am looking for another bike, possibly a WR 450 as well.

• Old_Yeller

Posted March 04, 2006 - 06:01 PM

I just got back from my 1st ride in 25 years. All I can say is YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa! The WR450 is docile as a kitten until you twist the throttle and then the lion comes out to play. I was supprised at how easy the power comes on. Nothing like the old 70's smokers.

Thanks again for your advice. I almost bought a TTR250, now I'm glad I didn't.

I have a grin from ear to ear and it won't go away...

See you on the trails!
Fred

• drtbk4ever

Posted March 04, 2006 - 08:41 PM

Congrats on the new bike Fred,

I was glad to see the positive responses to your question as I too am/was in the same boat. I hadn't ridden bikes for 20 years and dusted off my old XL last spring and got the bug again. Sooo, I picked up my "new to me" 450 about 6 weeks ago and can't wait for spring. Been droolin all over it since then and the only thing stoppin me from riding is the foot and a half of snow.

So I will take everyone's advice and not uncork it until I have ridden it for awhile. I too may have to get the suspension tweaked as I am over 200 lbs and find the seat height intimidating.

Bill.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted March 05, 2006 - 04:01 AM

I just got back from my 1st ride in 25 years. All I can say is YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa! The WR450 is docile as a kitten until you twist the throttle and then the lion comes out to play. I was supprised at how easy the power comes on. Nothing like the old 70's smokers.

Thanks again for your advice. I almost bought a TTR250, now I'm glad I didn't.

I have a grin from ear to ear and it won't go away...

See you on the trails!
Fred

I've come into this a bit late but did exactly what you were contemplating re the TTR250. Bought it did all the free mods and a month later it wasn't enough bike for me either. I went & got a WR450F & have had a smile on my face ever since.

Good luck & happy :thumbsup:

• RaphFoFiddy

Posted March 05, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Old Yeller, Glad you went with the WR450. I got an 03 as my first bike and I love it, it was a little much at first (after the fuel screw and airbox mod and insert pulled out) but I grew right into it. if your bigger like me at 6'2" and 240 (riding weight. off season is 250ish) I highly recommend getting your suspension tuned to your weight and riding style :thumbsup: . My bike is so much more forgiving (and I don't bottom out on the table tops no-mo) easily the best money I've spent on my ride.

-Cant wait to ride, but I am waiting on some parts so I guess I have no choice.

• Bamster

Posted March 05, 2006 - 09:45 AM

If a person is under 180 pounds and ride stuff like this the WR 450 would be too much.
http://video.google....6830&pr=goog-sl

The 250 would not wear a person out as much. That course is brutal.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 05, 2006 - 03:59 PM

If a person is under 180 pounds and ride stuff like this the WR 450 would be too much.
http://video.google....6830&pr=goog-sl

The 250 would not wear a person out as much. That course is brutal.

That is wild. I weight about 205lbs and I think that course would be too much for me! I would probably be a bit skeptical even on a 250.

It looks like fun, hard fun, but fun nonetheless.

• dreadrock

Posted March 08, 2006 - 05:46 PM

Sweet welcome to the club. if you like the bike now wait till you uncock it :thumbsup:

04wr450f
04crf150f
:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.