yz450f blown up!

3 replies to this topic
  • kc55555

Posted March 02, 2006 - 06:07 PM

Buddy of mine was at Hollister on the tt track winding his yz450f out. He was downshifting to second and that was it!!!! We got it apart today and good ole' rod was welded to the crank! anybody have this happen? We can't figure out why.....

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 02, 2006 - 10:59 PM

Buddy of mine was at Hollister on the tt track winding his yz450f out. He was downshifting to second and that was it!!!! We got it apart today and good ole' rod was welded to the crank! anybody have this happen? We can't figure out why.....

He must have been haulin ass if he was "winding his yz450f out" on the vintage track. The straights are so short (except for the front straight) how can you wind a big bore out. I've wound 250fs out there but never a big bore...then again I'm a crappy rider :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted March 03, 2006 - 06:46 AM

Obviously a lubrication problem. Low oil level? What kind of oil and filter was he using and when were they last changed?

• freestyle250

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Obviously a lubrication problem. Low oil level? What kind of oil and filter was he using and when were they last changed?

I was thinking the same thing. A buddy of mine had 4th gear wrapped on a straight away, and when he downshifted for a turn, it just bogged down and killed on him. He was terrible about keeping everything up on the bike, and he hadnt changed his oil in months. And just like yours, welded straight on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.