Chip in my new cylinder.....OK?

7 replies to this topic
  • jrcgaf364

Posted March 02, 2006 - 03:49 PM

I got my cylinder back about a week ago and i noticed a small chip on the very botom of it. Do you think its ok or should i send the bitch back and wait a little longer.... very small on the very bottom front of the cylinder. it looks as though the rings will not make contact once installed. working on pics but my GD batteries are dead

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:06 PM

On the bottom edge? Inside, or outside?

• jrcgaf364

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:09 PM

inside

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:13 PM

On the bottom edge, or part way up the bore?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrcgaf364

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:18 PM

http://i34.photobuck...xmas2005018.jpg
this is it

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2006 - 10:20 PM

I would just round that out with a file and a honing stone a little. Probably nothing will ever touch it in operation.

• odlaw19

Posted March 04, 2006 - 09:07 PM

Rounding out should lower that chance of it becoming a weak point.

• kid on a 426

Posted March 04, 2006 - 09:37 PM

my bros goped had a little chip on the intake port one time when he was meesing with the piston we noticed it he was too lazy to fix it and about half an hour later doing a hill climb (yes a hillclimb) it seized and completly ruined the cylinder and scarred the piston up. Thats just my two cents I think you should just file it down a bit and youll be fine

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.