03 to 06 whats the difference

4 replies to this topic
  • mikesch

Posted March 02, 2006 - 09:05 AM

I am looking at a 03 supermoto but wanted to build an 05 but the 03 is already done.Does the 03 have any motor issues. Does $7500 sound right for a 03 wr450sm. Thanks

• clark4131

Posted March 02, 2006 - 09:36 AM

Nope, no issues. It's the best motor of all the 450's. Though if you do a search on the '03, you'll find out how the woodruff key will cause things to implode if you don't fix it right away :thumbsup:...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flaminchiten1967

Posted March 02, 2006 - 09:45 AM

is the bike in good shape? 7500 sounds kind of steep to me. You could prolly find an 05 for 5500 brand new. Also in 05 they made it narrower and lowered the center of gravity.

Not sure how this applies to SM bikes but just throwing in my .02 :thumbsup:

• pclans

Posted March 03, 2006 - 12:49 PM

Sounds way to expensive :thumbsup: are you sure thats not New Zealand Dollars thats about I would pay down under.

• RichBaker

Posted March 03, 2006 - 02:30 PM

$7500 sounds pretty high, unless you get all the dirt stuff too....especially the wheels! If not, run away...if he sold that stuff to cover the cost of converting, he can't expect to get it back when he sells...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.