actual sound test results??

5 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted March 02, 2006 - 08:57 AM

does anyone have actual sound test results for any of the "quiet pipes" on 03-04 450s. I run the Q on my 400, and I have my 450 tuned to what I think is near perfection with a PMB insert, but would still like to quiet it down some.

so if any of you cali or MI folks have actually been sound tested by rangers or a race with a Q2 or any of the other pipes what level did you test at?

• dez4ever

Posted March 02, 2006 - 01:06 PM

My 04' with a WB E2 pipe all plugged up usually tests between 95 & 96. I just tested last Sunday for a desert race @95. When they first came out with the E2 pipe the plug that came with it was not quiet enough and the had to add another piece to it to get the sound down.

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 02, 2006 - 01:24 PM

My 04' with FMF Q tested at 93 and 97. I just got a SX Power Bomb header and Fresh Packing so I'm expecting cosistent 93's and 94's :thumbsup:

I don't know bout your rangers but our competition official's soundchecks are not very consistent :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodsk

Posted March 03, 2006 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the feed back guys

• WildRide

Posted March 03, 2006 - 05:29 PM

My 04' with FMF Q tested at 93 and 97. I just got a SX Power Bomb header and Fresh Packing so I'm expecting cosistent 93's and 94's :thumbsup:

I don't know bout your rangers but our competition official's soundchecks are not very consistent :thumbsup:

Question Sir; I was under the understanding the FMF "Q" just had baffles with no packing?

My son's 01 YZ250F with the stock pipe and the PMB end cap w/SA and quiet insert tested @93.7 at Carnegie.

• Beef

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:35 PM

The Q2 is like a flowmaster, in that it cancels out sound by utilizing resonant chambers, rather than fiberglass packing. The original Q still uses packing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.