I'm buying a new exhaust...help me

5 replies to this topic
  • bobbyo

Posted March 01, 2006 - 10:46 PM

..... i have new "Xrs's Only" stainless headers that I installed a few weeks ago. according to my mechanic i ****ed up and forgot a bolt when putting back on the Big Gun exhaust. Good, the piece of shit broke on the inside and now i'm forced to buy a new pipe.
....here's where i need your help!!! i'm looking at the "XR's Only" pipe. I figure it would be the most compatible with my new headers and they say it has great performance. I'm open to other suggestions!!!!

• skyriver

Posted March 02, 2006 - 02:14 AM

Have heard lots of good stuff about FMF Q2. The Dirt Bike 450 shootout had some interesting stats on the FMF Q2's they were putting on the 450s. Most models the Q2 was the lightest, but not always the biggest HP. Not like you need more HP on the 650. Not sure if Dirt Bike is in bed w/ FMF or not, but it was useful info. Pro Circuit was the other aftermarket standard they compared to.
Good luck. Probably couldn't go wrong w/ XR's Only.

• goblin127

Posted March 02, 2006 - 07:14 AM

I have the XRs only complete system on my L (stainless) I love it good sound seems to be a little over built. This is there new oval one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jethro3645

Posted March 02, 2006 - 09:35 AM

I have a FMF Q with the Power Bomb hedder on my XR650R, A very noticable increase on both power and torque, and it is quieter than the stock pipe with
the Power Up baffle.

• augustiron

Posted March 02, 2006 - 10:35 AM

there is a guy selling a pro circuit T4 here in Oakland for $350 complete pipe and can. I've read it has good power mid-high but is just about he loudest thing you can get. That's no fun here on the streets of the city.

• desert4seat

Posted March 02, 2006 - 10:44 AM

i got the xr's only can and stock header...i love it! Great perf and sound. Built well. you can tell it's gonna last!

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.