Stock YZ or Clarke tank?

26 replies to this topic
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted October 09, 2001 - 07:38 AM

testing Khris's pic:

Posted Image

Yahoo is wierd...

Here it is with quotes & spaces:

"[IMG] http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ce69ecd2/bc/Explorer/My+Ex!!.jpg?bcHhzw7AkZHv4PI4 [/IMG]"

Got your e-mail, let me see what I can do. I'll let ya know in a day or so. We need rain!

[This message has been edited by Ron in SoCal (edited October 09, 2001).]

• Scott_in_KC

Posted October 09, 2001 - 09:14 PM

Yahoo IS weird for some reason, when you try to link your photos. First make sure your album is "public access" and not "private". I think Yahoo has made it so you can only like to a PAGE and not to the individual photo itself. So you can't do a pic in an email. Best thing is to use your free web space that you more than likely get from your internet provider and use an FTP upload client as Ron mentioned, and just build your own site.

Here's one from my Yahoo Album. http://photos.yahoo....view=t&.hires=t

• Hick

Posted October 09, 2001 - 02:11 PM

I went to Khris’ home page and looked at the only picture in his folder, here is the partial URL:

.../Explorer/My+Ex!!.jpg?bcIT5w7Ai.Pv4PI4

compared to the one Ron tried:

.../Explorer/My+Ex!!.jpg?bcHhzw7AkZHv4PI4

For what I believe is the same picture.

I think all that gibberish at the end of the file name (?bcHhzw7AkZHv4PI4) changes each time the picture is “requested” off the server. That way they prevent people from linking remotely.

Or maybe not.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted October 09, 2001 - 02:19 PM

Your right Hick. The picture of Khris's Explorer displayed for about 5 minutes, then "poof". Whatever yahoo does will not work for this purpose.

------------------
N 33'41.156" W117'59.749"
HelmetCam Videos

• BlueThunder

Posted October 09, 2001 - 02:37 PM

Ron....your bike is the background on my desktop as well. It's my way of remembering
what my WR looked like before I got my hands on it and crashed it a few dozen times. She will be reborn over the winter with all new plastics and the cool Clarke/SDG combo. Thanks for a great example of how a WR should look Posted Image.

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

• Nev-WR

Posted October 09, 2001 - 04:50 PM

Thanks Ron.
I've printed off your instructions so I can let them sink in & for future reference.
Did you do all the helmet cam videos (?) - they look great. I'm riding fine now but early in the year I busted up my shoulder pretty bad & couldn't ride for 8 months. The closest I could get to riding was to view your helmet cam videos!!
Some friends & I are looking at getting a helmet cam set up over here.
I read all the information a few weeks ago posted about helmet cam & that certainly helped - thanks.

• Scott_in_KC

Posted October 16, 2001 - 11:23 AM

Got the used YZ tank & SDG seat on. Man, as mentioned before, this is a MUST! Corners like it should now and the overall feel of the bike is WAY smaller. The agile feel is everywhere, not just in turns. You can just get into a better position in climbs, standing and feels much easier to spin around on a tight trail, etc. 3 thumbs up!!!

Sidenote: I got a '99 tank for my '01 WR. The tank fits fine. The shrouds fit, but not perfect. No modification needed, but they need to be forced just a bit to meet the radiator. Other than that it's fine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.