AP Timing Linkage Mod

7 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted March 01, 2006 - 08:06 PM

Has anybody seen this thread over on the CRF/R forum? It looks pretty interesting, and very simple. :thumbsup: Hmmmm...SC

• boer

Posted March 01, 2006 - 08:51 PM

Holy sh....

That thread rocks :thumbsup:

Has anyone tried this on their WR's?

I am still pondering why it wouldn't come as a fixed linkage from the factory??

Is this the same effect as a Boyesen Quick shot AP cover, just 90 dollars cheaper??

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 01, 2006 - 09:09 PM

That idea was stolen from the YZ forum! Guys on the YZ forum have been wiring the linkage to the adjustment screw but it seems to be a fix only for guys with poor jetting carb results. I dont recommend it. Just learn to jet your bike!

It forces the fuel in with the large throttle spring instead of relying on a cam spring to push the fuel in.

Here is how you can do it:

Posted Image

• clark4131

Posted March 01, 2006 - 09:15 PM

That idea was stolen from the YZ forum! Guys on the YZ forum have been wiring the linkage to the adjustment screw but it seems to be a fix only for guys with poor jetting carb results. I dont recommend it. Just learn to jet your bike!

That's what I was thinking too. I'm glad you confirmed it. As for me, my jetting is perfect, but it did take quite a bit of effort and R&D to get it there. This looks like a shortcut. With that said, what do you see as the downside to it? Potential damage, etc...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 01, 2006 - 09:20 PM

I see the long term stress on the cam breaking the plastic eventually. No historical data yet. :thumbsup: Like I said these mods are done by people who cant get there bikes jetted and modded right in the first place. :thumbsup:

• boer

Posted March 01, 2006 - 10:24 PM

So is the Boyesen quickshot also a waste of cash then?

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:49 PM

It sure is cheaper to use the zero jet! I got the Boyesen quick shot and I saw no improvement over playing with different leak jets or my plugged zero jet which makes the throttle super sensitive and quick reacting! :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 02, 2006 - 05:06 PM

So is the Boyesen quickshot also a waste of cash then?

If you want to spend $70 on Boyesen, get a water pump impellor.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.