Peg on American Honda sponsored rider breaks

5 replies to this topic
  • Kritter

Posted March 01, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Did anybody get to witness this first hand at Adelanto on Childress's bike? I wondered if it was an American Honda modified frame or just stock. I have heard quotes of the american honda type fixes costing anywhere between $300 and $650...

• Koko Azuela

Posted March 02, 2006 - 10:33 AM

Did anybody get to witness this first hand at Adelanto on Childress's bike? I wondered if it was an American Honda modified frame or just stock. I have heard quotes of the american honda type fixes costing anywhere between $300 and $650...

Maybe he didn't have the aftermarket peg bracket installed!! They do brake on a stock bike! :thumbsup:

• TeamEndo

Posted March 02, 2006 - 12:37 PM

I'm glad I sent my you my peg Kris to get fixed, by the way, get back to work so I have it soon!!! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave102429

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:30 PM

Mikey's foot peg broke off?! I said good luck to both Mikey and Steve on the starting line before Saturday's pro race. Then I spent a few minutes looking over both their bikes. Both bikes looked identical and both had what appeared to be stock foot peg mounts. I didn't see any physical modifications to the foot peg mounts and I thought "Hmmm...that's unsettling."

Hey Kris, I meant to say "Hi" to you at the Checkers finish. I was pitting for Gene.

• Kritter

Posted March 04, 2006 - 11:25 AM

Both bikes looked identical and both had what appeared to be stock foot peg mounts. I didn't see any physical modifications to the foot peg mounts and I thought "Hmmm...that's unsettling."

The american honda fix is un noticeable if you dont know what to look for....if it was a strap over the top of the frame like I do, then Honda would be saying "our peg breaks off and we know it" instead of claiming it doesnt happen.

With the custom fix, the frame is milled flat, drilled, and SS sleeves are installed...there is more to it then that but thats the jist and I have heard the cost is outrageous but in the end it appears factory untouched so Honda can still claim there is no problem with the footpeg.

Like I said though...it could have been just a stock frame...I dont know the details other then it broke off.

• slomotobug

Posted March 04, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Mine broke after 2 months, I drilled the frame to a standard 7/16" fine thread, filed the frame flat again, and installed stainless bolts, it's been good for 5 years now. My cost....about $8.00 for bolts and a little red loctite!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.