Oversized tank for '06 YZ450

5 replies to this topic
  • motobark

Posted March 01, 2006 - 04:00 PM

For anyone that's interested, Clarke should have their '06 YZ450 2.8 gallon(+/-) tanks ready by the end of this month (March).

Comparing the aftermarket tanks that I've seen and used, I think the Clarke tank is a very good fit and quality for a reasonable price. I had no problems with the one I had on my '03, too bad it won't fit on the '06. That's ok, pretty much everything else I had on the '03 won't fit on my new '06 either. :thumbsup: The tank will be about the least expensive of all the things I had to replace.

• gdbarr1976

Posted March 01, 2006 - 07:40 PM

I just got my ims 2.8 gal black tank for my o6 450f se. It will go on this week end.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 02, 2006 - 12:11 AM

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Clarke tanks too. I had one on my WR,, top notch all the way around.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Radbuster

Posted March 02, 2006 - 02:41 PM

Ty Davis started work on a new tank with IMS as soon as he got his bike.

Every tank he makes is slim, has a low C of G and has a top-notch build quality.

Dunno if it's ready yet though. :thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted March 02, 2006 - 05:27 PM

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the Clarke, thanks for the info!

• CROGGR

Posted March 02, 2006 - 10:24 PM

I just got my ims 2.8 gal black tank for my o6 450f se. It will go on this week end.

How 'bout a pic please!!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.