How big is your IMS tank??

No replies to this topic
  • HawkGT

Posted March 01, 2006 - 03:53 PM

I have an IMS tank on my 650R. IMS's website indicates a 4.6 gallon tank. My tank holds 5.1 or 5.2. From a nearly bone dry tank I can easily dump in 5 gallons. It'll hold more if I fill it to the brim.

Have they changed the tanks or to they "relax" and swell to a larger capacity over time?

Just curious, how much does your IMS tank hold?

BTW, it's a pain to get the last 3/4 of a gallon or so out of the left side of the tank. Sorta creates an emergency reserve after the petcock reserve, I guess.

I've been getting 35mpg during my DS rides (175 main/68 pilot) so that gives me a comfortable 150 mile range and a 175 mile "oh-sh*t-I-took-a-wrong-turn-can-I-make-it-back?" range.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.