I am Done!--No MORE

21 replies to this topic
  • al_piv

Posted March 01, 2006 - 01:16 PM

The DS-PIG is done or at least I am for now..
New parts:
1) uncorked
2) Tank
3)Seat
4) chain
5) sprokets
6) breaks
7) top clamp
8) bars
9) Trick Dual sport kit
10) Tire
11) Unabiker Rad Guards (first ones off production line)
11) Empty bank account

Here are the photos, yet still working on her ---
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This DS-PIG does 70mph with no problems... had to ride her to work today (oops it was only 32 degrees this morning)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• snaggleXR650

Posted March 01, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Hey Al!

I'm Florida boy Lance, soon to be Indiana boy Lance. Nice work on the bike. That's a mongo tank. Is that the 6 gallon jobby? A monster for sure.

I've been hooking up with some DS'ers around here in NW Florida recently, and I'm really loving the DS thing. I've got a Clarke 4.3 gallon on the way.

Tell me about your seat. I've been wanting to make mine a bit more comfy. I talked to Renazcoracing.com about making me one. He comes highly recommended and is supposed to be a real high quality piece of work. I also noticed that Corbin modified their XR650L seat to work with 650R's, questionable. Did you just go with some tall seat foam and a new cover or what? Tell me more please.

I noticed you are running the stock drilled exhaust or HRC tip. The DS'ers down here are pretty strict about quiet pipes. I swapped my WB E-series out for my fully plugged stocker. The stealth mode is sweet, but it sure saps the power. I've been looking around for aftermarket quiet pipes, but haven't decided on anything yet.

By the way, what gearing did you decide on?

Thanks. Hopefully by this time next year, or sooner, I'll be up there riding with you in the freezing cold :thumbsup: Ride on, enjoy the TAT.

• tooofast

Posted March 01, 2006 - 02:45 PM

I LIKE IT.. looks great.

That tank is a MONSTER. i think is bigger than the one on my Powerstroke Diesel..!

Nice work and you just tipped the ballance on the TrickDual sport kit On the phone now to order one. Did you buy or fab up the rear blinker light mount?

Dave

• 4whlfun

Posted March 01, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Man you just got started :bonk: I live in Phoenix. Around here they don't say nothing. All the bikes are opened up and loud. Loud pipes saves lives :bonk: I run a T4, scratched off the part where it say's competion (off) road pipe. Now say's, Competion Road Pipe :thumbsup: Build that wallet up :thumbsup:

• HawkGT

Posted March 01, 2006 - 04:58 PM

Where's your steering damper, fork brace, and big brake kit? Who's gonna revalve/spring your forks and shock??

You're never done...there is always more. :thumbsup:

• GrayGhost

Posted March 01, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Yep your all done :thumbsup: , You ain't even close yet, Correct #11 and get on with it. Nice Bike so far.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted March 01, 2006 - 05:21 PM

Nice pig. That's the tank I might have gone for if I got an R. Girrrrrthy. :thumbsup:

• painkilla

Posted March 01, 2006 - 05:58 PM

"This DS-PIG does 70mph with no problems... had to ride her to work today (oops it was only 32 degrees this morning)"

i should hope so mate , even a xr250 can do 70mph

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 01, 2006 - 08:12 PM

Get rid of that ridiculous tank!!! Might as well weld two 55 gallon drums of gas on either side!

• TimBrp

Posted March 02, 2006 - 04:11 AM

That tank just scares me. My clarke 4.6 was too much for trail riding w/ regards to front end push...I would certainly stiffen the front forks with that on there....wow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • al_piv

Posted March 14, 2006 - 05:43 AM

Many thanks for the input and insight on what to do next --
The BRP was doing 70 with 13/48 gearing -- I have changed that to 15/45 and 70 is a dream @ 5,000RPM...

The tank I love! -- would own a pig without it --
The bike will never see tight trails -- I have it setup for Dual Sport(only).. I have a Katoom 450 for the tight stuff -- Right tool for the job!

The bike is done -- Except I might upgrade the bike itself to a newer year and just put on all the goodies on a new one...

Yet for what I want it to do.. She is perfect....

• TimBrp

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:49 AM

Glad you like the bike. Dual sporting is fun. I wish more of my buddies had them.

• JackAttack

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:58 AM

You can always throw another $8 at it, with one of these vent hoses:

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

• x400r

Posted March 14, 2006 - 08:10 AM

nice bike. that is the tank to have on the 650. It is the same price as any other aftermarket tank and it holds 6 gallons. you don't always have to fill it full. :thumbsup:

• CFAmD7G

Posted March 14, 2006 - 01:42 PM

nice bike. that is the tank to have on the 650. It is the same price as any other aftermarket tank and it holds 6 gallons. you don't always have to fill it full. :thumbsup:

If you can find one!

• al_piv

Posted March 15, 2006 - 05:17 AM

CFAmD7G: ebay -- you just have to keep an eye out for them and then keep on top of the bidding --
Sometimes, you can offer the seller a good price and they will sell -- yet others are hopping for more then they are worth....

I got mine for about $150

• Desertskyy

Posted March 15, 2006 - 07:33 AM

You say that you are done.

"Are any of us really done????"

I could spend money until the cows come home.

Fix this, tweek that etc.

• al_piv

Posted May 04, 2006 - 11:35 AM

Well, she survied 1,900 miles in about four days on SpringTAT
You can read my ride report and others...
Here are some photos as well:
Photos
It went through a Kenda 270 rear tire, a new chain -- O-ring not X-Ring --My mistake...

I need:
1) Better rear tire!
2) New Chain -- Sprokets are Ok...
3) Valve Adjustment.
4) Oil change with filter..

on the road again, just can wait!

• goofour

Posted May 04, 2006 - 06:20 PM

Twin turbo charger's would be cool***

• Thumpmeister

Posted May 04, 2006 - 08:51 PM

Whats the range on that tank? You must be able to go some 300 miles or so on that thing, right? Well, IF your easy on the throttle, that is.

Must make the bike kinda top-heavy, as if it needed any help...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.