06 Works Connection skid- backordered???

13 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 28, 2006 - 09:19 PM

I'm a little tweaked... I ordered a bunch of stuff for my 06 yesterday from the TT store including a Works Connection skid. I got an email today saying it's backordered until 3/27, even though the WC site says nothing about it and Rocky Mountain shows it as in-stock. Has anyone else ordered one recently and heard whether or not they are backordered for sure?

• Drfletcherdc

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:13 PM

I just got mine in today from Motosport.com.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 01, 2006 - 02:05 PM

I checked the Motosport site last night and it said backordered... I cancelled my TT order and got one from Rocky Mountain.

• probracing1

Posted March 01, 2006 - 03:19 PM

I bought mine from Utah Sports Cycle....full skid plate not just a 'glide plate' and 2 side covers for the water pump side and the other side.

check it out-----

http://www.utahsport...om/utahscFC.htm

• foreverblue

Posted March 01, 2006 - 03:40 PM

I ordered mine direct from Works Connection and recieved it within 1 week.

• Goosedog

Posted March 01, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Have you guys got a PU part number for that skid-plate, I've been wanting to get an aftermarket plate and it sounds like the WC is the one to get.

• PK

Posted March 01, 2006 - 06:12 PM

Can anybody post a pic of the skidplate? I wanna see this rascal before I buy one...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted March 01, 2006 - 10:21 PM

probracing- I'm not into the big "snow shovel" skids... I have never needed anything more than a good glide plate which is why I went with the WC.
Goosedog- PU_05060254 is the number I used to order it from the TT store.

UPDATE- I misunderstood Don from the TT store... he told me he COULD get me one, I read that he COULDN'T. That said, I un-cancelled my TT order and cancelled the Rocky Mountain one. I can't say enough for the customer service Don provided, he was super helpful in finding all the parts I wanted, getting me the best prices out there, and going the extra mile to make sure I was happy. I will DEFINITELY be buying a lot more from the TT store in the future! You da man Don! :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted March 02, 2006 - 03:53 AM

I ordered mine direct from Works Connection and recieved it within 1 week.

Ditto

PK, it does cover the bottom frame rails and http://www.thumperta...achmentid=14637

the fit is not prefect though..
http://www.thumperta...achmentid=14639

• Reyndogg

Posted March 02, 2006 - 12:59 PM

DPW's right, it does NOT fit perfectly. It's not quite centered between the frame rails and rear attachment bolt location does not reach the tab on the frame. You'll need a longer bolt and a couple washers.

All in all, it's not terrible and does the job like it should, but im not 100% satisfied with the fit/finish as i've been with other WC products.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 02, 2006 - 05:31 PM

I wonder if they have changed anything since the first few were ran to address the problems Reyndogg stated? I'll let you know when I get my bike and get mine installed.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted March 02, 2006 - 06:37 PM

I agree w/ probracing, the Utah Motor sports is awesome for the riding I do. If your bashin rocks and trees, its the way to go. Fit is awesome and protects all the vital parts. Armor for your bike! :thumbsup:

• dangwartz

Posted May 25, 2006 - 10:10 PM

I agree w/ probracing, the Utah Motor sports is awesome for the riding I do. If your bashin rocks and trees, its the way to go. Fit is awesome and protects all the vital parts. Armor for your bike! :ride:

Have you noticed any over heating problems since it does not have any holes for air?

Posted May 26, 2006 - 03:51 AM

i ordered a WC skid plate and got one for an 05 (i have an o6 yz450f). the dealer said WC doesn't have one for an 06. i guess they were wrong? i ended up with a Devol...and sorry that i did.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.