Hey

2 replies to this topic
  • Fahugwagaad

Posted February 28, 2006 - 06:03 PM

Hey guys, planning on buying an 06 650R, and putting it on the street. My question, that I cant seem to find a definative answer on is.. Is the stator re-wind necisary? or is it just something for larger lights, I would like to do it eventually, but for now the 35Watt bulb should do, will the stock stator run the signals, brake light, and head light, as well as charge the battery?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted February 28, 2006 - 06:13 PM

No, it's not necessary for dual sporting purposes. Nice to have, but not necessary. Check out the Baja Designs dual sport kits. I've got the quick release and while expensive is the best out there, IMO. Get her uncorked, suspension set and dual sported....you'll love it.

• snaggleXR650

Posted February 28, 2006 - 07:53 PM

Yes, the stock stator will work fine with a basic Baja Designs (or similar) dual sport kit as long as you stick with the 35W headlight.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.