fabricating radiator braces

5 replies to this topic
  • 78sharpshooter

Posted February 28, 2006 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone have a pic of their radiator braces? I don't feel like paying $50-$60 for .080" Aluminum sheet. The pic on the works connection website doesn't show enough detail as I hoped but its easy to see that they can be fabricated in about an hour.

• riderman329

Posted February 28, 2006 - 05:39 PM

works connection and every one else uses .060 sheet aluminum. all I can say is make sure you make some templets and get your mesurments right.

but it's unless you have all the stuff to bend it with you more then likely going to spend more then the cost to buy them, so get off the wallet and get some, no affence!!

• bg10459

Posted February 28, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Check out the Flatland Racing or Unabiker guards. They're both top notch, but I think you'll find that there's a little more to it than bending sheet aluminum. There are stiffening ribs, clearance slots and all the venting holes to add. Then try to make them fit between the rads and the shrouds.
Like riderman said, break the lock off your wallet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 28, 2006 - 07:11 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :eek: :eek: :lol: :bonk: :bonk: :eek:

• TimFurryBalls

Posted February 28, 2006 - 08:53 PM

Good luck. :thumbsup:

• harider19

Posted February 28, 2006 - 09:13 PM

I say go for it man. :thumbsup: I love to fab up my own parts. Radiator guards are the hardest things i've tried so far. The first pair didnt fit that great so i made a new pair with a different design. They have held up fine but im planning out new ones that will have better protection. I dont have any pictures but good luck if you try it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.