Would a 450F be too much for me?

45 replies to this topic
  • boyonblue52

Posted March 05, 2006 - 05:02 PM

Dude u will be fine....i rode a Xr200r for 2 years and mastered that thing and i went out and bought a 2003 yz450f and it takes some getting used to and man does it pack a punch so i would recomend to take it easy at first and work your skill and confindense up before u really start to play around.....ITS A BEAST COMPARED TO A 230!!!!!! hope this helps

• boyonblue52

Posted March 05, 2006 - 05:13 PM

Also u can just soften up the suspension b/c im not sure if u can really lower it....see with a lighter suspension and at yur weight it shouldnt be too bad....but u may bottom out a little as u move up to bigger obsticles.....by then yull be comfortable enough to beef it up a bit

• tnl

Posted March 05, 2006 - 05:44 PM

a 450 is too large of a ride for about 90 percent of all riders.........

NO ONE CAN USE THE 450'S TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL

Suzuki, tames RC 450 ride for him

start with a 250F, you be better off...........

if you have to asked the ?????????????, most likely you already know the answer.......... :thumbsup:

So don't use the bike to it's full potential! Theres not a significant physical difference between the 250 and the 450 like height and weight. Buy it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawirider

Posted March 05, 2006 - 06:05 PM

Is this in mud? My bro can do the gnarliest deserted sandy hill climbs with absolute zero knobs left. Im not an experienced mud rider so I wouldn't know how tough it is to do hillclimbs in the mud. I try to avoid it like the plague I know it cant be good to get loaded up with a hundred pounds of mud and try and ride it around (burnt out my old xr80 clutch doing that)

Yes it is in the mud. Sometimes that is all we have to ride. Trying to do muddy hillclimbs in alabama is a waste of time. Their is also a lot of clay which is why it is important to keep fresh rubber on my bike. My dad buys my tires anyways so I can pretty much get a new one whenever I want.

• kid on a 426

Posted March 05, 2006 - 09:15 PM

Yes it is in the mud. Sometimes that is all we have to ride. Trying to do muddy hillclimbs in alabama is a waste of time. Their is also a lot of clay which is why it is important to keep fresh rubber on my bike. My dad buys my tires anyways so I can pretty much get a new one whenever I want.

LUCKY I go dumpster diving for my tires and then wear them to the cord

• oldnbold

Posted March 07, 2006 - 07:15 AM

how come you guys are so negative i moved up from a crf 150 to a 426 and have no trouble(besides arm pump) and im only 13 he can handle it he doesnt have to use all the horsepower he just needs throttle control and gear it down some maybe lower it and he'll be fine

There is a HUGE difference in power delivery between a 426 and a 450. I had a 400 and a 426 and loved it. Tested an '03 450 and hated it. Way more instant an continous power that I'd ever need. It reminded me of a CR500. I'm a good rider and it just wasn't fun and damn frightening. Remember the saying "it's funner to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow".

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.