Will the 1 1/8" bar fit on the WR?

6 replies to this topic
  • freestyle250

Posted February 28, 2006 - 10:50 AM

I am wanting to order these today so that I can have them to ride this weekend, but does anyone know if the 1 1/8" Bar will fit the stock WR clamps?

• dez4ever

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:06 AM

Not sure what year bike you are talking about but it doesn't really matter. If you have the stock tripleclamp set up you will have to use the 7/8" bars.

• JDrooster

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:33 AM

You can get a set of adapters that bolt into the stock bar clamps and permit installation of 1-1/8 bars. It raises the bars up a tad as well, which I liked in my situation. Just be sure to use loctite on the bolts in the bottom piece. They're not too expensive. I got mine on ebay. Much cheaper than a new upper triple clamp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:33 AM

Not sure what year bike you are talking about but it doesn't really matter. If you have the stock tripleclamp set up you will have to use the 7/8" bars.

You can get an adapter that raised the bars about 3/4 " and bolts down to the stock upper clamp. They allow you to fit a 1 1/8" bar to the stock setup. I am currently running them and have been very happy. Hope this helps.

Josh

• nimiz1

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:45 AM

this is what you need

http://www.pitposse....clandpadki.html

• freestyle250

Posted February 28, 2006 - 12:02 PM

thanks guys. Im also looking at those pro-taper SE's, any of you guys ridden them? ive heard good things.

• dez4ever

Posted February 28, 2006 - 02:45 PM

You can get an adapter that raised the bars about 3/4 " and bolts down to the stock upper clamp. They allow you to fit a 1 1/8" bar to the stock setup. I am currently running them and have been very happy. Hope this helps.

Josh

For me personally using the adapters was not really an option which is why I didn't say anything about them. Unless you are well over six feet tall, raising the bar height can have a fairly significant affect on how the bike handles and feels. But to each his own. If you have an 06' you can just change the perch to an oversize bar setup, Scotts sells them. If you have an 05' or older you will need to change the triplelclamp.

Good luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.