Easy adjust carb parts help???

3 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted February 28, 2006 - 10:35 AM

I have never messed with the carb on my bike cause it runs so good but plan on taking a trip soon where the altitude will be gradualy climbing from 2000 to 10000+ ft. I know I am going to run into problems so I thought I would ask what can i buy to make the adjusting of the carb easy on the trip. Ive search threads and not found much useful info. Can someone tell me the items to buy. zip ty? What exactly is it?? Etc. Any info good. Thanks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:00 AM

Well if it is a current FCR carb I recommend one of these:
http://webpages.char...08-0181Cweb.jpg

Motion Pro and MSR both make this tool, and also if you dont have a Zip-tye fuel screw that also makes adjustments very easy too. what kind of bike are we talking about?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:06 AM

its a 99 wr 400, what is that thing???

• WR450F_RDR

Posted February 28, 2006 - 11:38 AM

Its an FCR carb tool, has tools for removing jets and adjusting fuel screw. I am not certain if it will work for your bike, dont know what type carb it has.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.