Wisconsin and gettin' close...

12 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted September 26, 2001 - 01:59 AM

I am starting the interview process for a job near Green Bay! Any Cheeseheads ready to kick some butt!??

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited September 27, 2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 26, 2001 - 03:41 PM

Wisconsin plant called me tonight. They want me to start in mid October (upon completion of job interview). Let see...I have a house to sell, gotta pack...AND TWO WEEKS...??!!

• mcarp

Posted September 26, 2001 - 06:05 PM

Congrats!

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 26, 2001 - 11:15 PM

Thanks Mike.
I am quite scared though. Not of the job, of everything else. This has happened 2 months too early. My family will not be coming w/ me. There is a house to sell, and kids school and ...???

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited September 27, 2001).]

• WRFUN

Posted September 27, 2001 - 11:19 AM

NH Kevin,

You will have to keep us posted on the cheese runs in the Green Bay area :D... just kidding, but I here there is a great place to ride called Black River Falls or something up in Wisconsin. I need to check on it. I heard, great camping and a well run facility. This info came from the guy I bought my WR from. Always ready for a road trip -- GOOD LUCK. :)

Pete

• Ron_S

Posted September 29, 2001 - 01:02 AM

I hope there are Turkey Run's out there! Good uck, I'm glad we got to ride for a little while. Ron

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted September 30, 2001 - 01:29 PM

Hey Kevin,
Look me up when you get here, I haven't got my new bike yet, but I still have a quad, and I have bikes I can borrow. There are a few places to ride yet. Black River Falls closes Oct 15, but there are more than that.Let us know when you arrive!!
Dave

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 30, 2001 - 02:59 PM

If this does happen, WI, I will try to find enough areas to have an Midwestern Moab for us Central U.S. guys.

Sure can't promise anything though. Dave Van-bee will be my point of contact.

WI was supposed to call on Friday but didn't...I gave them every e-mail address and phone number in the book to get a hold of me at work.

Dave,
How far are you from Two Rivers (just north of Manitowoc)? I am to be at the plant (Point Beach) for two days of exams and interviews.

Love to go have a brew w/ you!

• Ron_S

Posted October 01, 2001 - 01:34 PM

Kev, I did the Central Village ride for fun this weekend with some of the guy's from the Amanoosuc ride, and they want to make sure when you start off to Wisconsin, you top off your gas tank. Keep in touch, Ron

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted October 01, 2001 - 02:42 PM

I am a couple hours away, but let me know when you are going to be in town, I will try to meet up with you. It would be nice to finally put a face on the name!!
Look forward to hearing from you!!
Dave

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 03:42 AM

looks like my plans/hopes are on hold! Posted Image

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 5:28 PM
To: Diane

Subject: Is no Point Beach AO news...Bad news? :-(

Answer:

No, not really . . .

We are actually in the midst of a "hold" on hiring until we can get some
budget issues worked out. This does not mean that we will not be hiring
AOs, it just means we're going to have to wait like everyone else. So, hang
in there -- you are on the list and we will get in touch with you no matter
which way it goes.

I am relocating to our Kewaunee office and can be reached at 920-xxx-xxxx.
My new email will be dsierac and should be available by Thursday.

Also, Danielle at 920-xxx-xxxx will always have current information on
the AO file.

Good luck!
Diane

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 01:22 PM

Kevin,
Quit teasing us like this!! I went out and bought a bike and EVERYTHING!!! Hope everything works out.
Dave

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 01:46 PM

Dave,
I was ready to have a can of "pop" and yodel with my scandinavian brethren in my midwest homage!! Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.