Changing Oil Type!?

2 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted February 27, 2006 - 08:36 PM

I have been using the Yamalube 10W-30. Due to the temperatures in Dubai I am going to change my oil type to 15W-50.

The only oil I can find is the Mobil 1 Racing 4T bike oil. Has anyone used this oil before? :thumbsup: Any feedback.

Furthermore, once I change over I was planning to change the oil and filter, warm the engine, ride for about 15 minutes and do another oil and filter change as a flush so that I finally have as little mixing of the 2 different oils as possible. How does that sound :thumbsup: or should I not bother with the second change. :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaster

Posted February 27, 2006 - 08:44 PM

I could only see the second change being necissary if one is synthetic and the other is not. If they are both synthetic or both nonsynthetic then I see no reason to do so. There will always be old oil in your motor no matter what. How often do you change your oil? I change it around 150 miles just to keep it fresh, but I got a reusable filter and clean it every time. But like I said, I would not worry too much about that second oil change if they are both synthetic or nonsynthetic.

• Numskull

Posted February 27, 2006 - 09:05 PM

I have been using the Yamalube 10W-30. Due to the temperatures in Dubai I am going to change my oil type to 15W-50.

The only oil I can find is the Mobil 1 Racing 4T bike oil. Has anyone used this oil before? :thumbsup: Any feedback.

Furthermore, once I change over I was planning to change the oil and filter, warm the engine, ride for about 15 minutes and do another oil and filter change as a flush so that I finally have as little mixing of the 2 different oils as possible. How does that sound :thumbsup: or should I not bother with the second change. :bonk:

no need, change your oil often and your motor will stay clean :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.