05 WR450 Motor Oil why 20-40

1 reply to this topic
  • dl19

Posted February 27, 2006 - 08:27 PM

I have looked, but have not found an answer to this. I just converted from running Hondas, and I always ran Honda 10-40 with very frequent changes. Now Yamaha says to run 20-40, and they are the only ones who seem to make a 20-40. I have a case of 10-40 and a case of 20-50, and I just can not understand why it wont work. The 10 side will actually get flowing faster, and the top is the same weight. Any comments on running 10-40 until the temp gets above 70 then going to the 20-50 in a WR. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaster

Posted February 27, 2006 - 08:38 PM

Both of those oils will work fine. I only run 20-40 because i run yamalube in my wr and that is their only nonsynthetic weight they offer and its cheap. Either oil will work fine. I have 10-30,20-50, 5-30, and 10-40 in my quads without a problem.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.