Crack in float bowl

4 replies to this topic
  • charliep

Posted February 27, 2006 - 07:06 PM

I have a small crack inside my Keihin FCR carb. Its above the drain screw. I guess I tightened the screw to tight. Am I the only idiot to do this?

Where can I buy the bowl? Any suggestions? Sudco wants $150.

I thought I would post, I dont want anyone else to do this. I'm so stupid!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted February 27, 2006 - 07:40 PM

Be aware that Sudco's likely does NOT have a leak jet, so your AP timing will be a beeotch to dial in. I'd double check with them before you pull the trigger. JD Jetting advertises a Float Bowl w/ Leak Jet for $60, so I'd give them a call before you do anything else. If you go OEM, you have to buy a whole new carb :thumbsup: ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 27, 2006 - 10:13 PM

JB weld that son-of-a-bitch

• Numskull

Posted February 27, 2006 - 10:59 PM

JB weld that son-of-a-bitch

:thumbsup:

• charliep

Posted February 28, 2006 - 08:19 PM

SC, thanks for the info.

I thought about JB weld but, would feel better with a new bowl.

thanks again

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.