426 gearing

9 replies to this topic
  • yogist

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:49 PM

I run a lot of tight desert singletrack...Rocky and rough...My bike has the stock 426 gearing...I did a search , a lot of guys are running 13 51...
I just dont want to effect the top end too drastically....I like to open it up on jeep roads...But am using the clutch too much in the tight stuff... Looking for a happy medium...This summer I will install an e line stator and lights to d/s this bike , and the stator will give it a flywheel weight effect..Just want to change the gearing now...Im due for sprockets, so nows a good time...Thanx in advance for any replies....

• cowboyona426

Posted February 27, 2006 - 09:42 PM

I ran 13/52 on my 426 for the mountains and really liked it, but I think for open stuff like dez 14/52 would be a better bet. Start with the 14/52 and if you don't like it, you can always get a 13t front and knock a few links off the chain down the road.

• 808 AIR

Posted February 28, 2006 - 01:00 PM

I hated the stock set up of 14/49 so i went to a 12/49 and compleetly lost my top end. i dont suggest going this route. Im probably going to try a 14/52 set-up next and see how that goes. I do alot of trails and following my kids arround, but i also like to open it up on the track, so i have yet to find my happy medium. good luck.

• Sigtober

Posted February 28, 2006 - 04:39 PM

This summer I will install an e line stator and lights to d/s this bike , and the stator will give it a flywheel weight effect....

Hey whats an e line stator? Can I run my GPS on that kind of stator?

• yogist

Posted February 28, 2006 - 04:56 PM

An e line stator puts out around 200 watts, good for running baja lights..
Im not sure what other accessories you can hook up to it..Electric is not my thang..Ill need help with that..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sigtober

Posted February 28, 2006 - 05:00 PM

Where do you get this kind of stator?

• yogist

Posted February 28, 2006 - 05:05 PM

Ricky stator...Or e-line themselves....There around 300.00 bucks, but you dont have to buy a flywheel weight which is around 100.00 so It gives you 200 watts to run some big light, and tames your motor down some for running tight terrain...

• kid on a 426

Posted March 04, 2006 - 09:25 PM

I just put a 13 51 on my bike today and it still has PLENTY of top end and speed (held a power wheelie in first for a hundred feet)

• kid on a 426

Posted March 04, 2006 - 09:31 PM

Hey whats an e line stator? Can I run my GPS on that kind of stator?

most gps's run off of like AA's or AAA's except for the big ass car ones with the color screen and i dont know why you would want one of those on a dirtbike

• targetdrone

Posted March 05, 2006 - 12:27 AM

I have been running the 14/51 that was on my 426 when I got it. I have done 2 desert races with it so far and the gearing seems fine for that. However, I just dual-sported it and now the gearing seems extremely low. It tries...well, actually it DOES wheelie in the first 3 gears without much provocation. I suppose I can gear up a bit without losing much off the bottom, since it has a Rekluse clutch.

I got the WR426 stator and flywheel. 130 watts to the TrickDualSport kit which powers a Garmin 60cs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.