What skidplate for the 426?

3 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:14 PM

I'm trying to decide on a good aftermarket skidplate for my YZ426 after casing on a rock last week and can't decide which one to get.

I have seen the ones available in the Parts Unlimited catatlog but can't tell from their pictures how well they fit and/or perform.

The ones I'm concidering are Devol, WorksConnection and Moose.

Do any of you YZ woods riders have a preference for good engine/frame protection from rocks and can post a pic of your skidplate installed so I can decide which to get.

Thanks a bunch, Mark :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:23 PM

My factory skid plate works well. If I where to buy a different one it would be a Works Connection.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sigtober

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Works Connection!! Works great for my 426. No problems here. :thumbsup:

• Goosedog

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:36 PM

The problem is the OEM plate comes just to the inside edges of the frame tubing and the rock I hit smashed one of the frame tubes right past the guard and below the split under the oil reservour. I want one that extends past the frame on either side but not too far out there in the way either.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.