06 450 Spark Arrestors

30 replies to this topic
  • moochie

Posted May 24, 2006 - 03:31 PM

Hmm, I must be crazy. I have a Q2 on mine and like it.
Extremely quiet and I cant tell where there's a power loss anywhere.

Are you sure you're not letting the reduced noise effect your seat of the pants feel?

• dbehr624

Posted May 24, 2006 - 04:40 PM

If you are willing to shell out the cash, go for this...GYTR

• David37

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:14 PM

If you want a quiet pipe with a spark arrester and will meet the 96db sound requirement buy either the FMF Q2 or WB E2. I'm running the E2 and yes, their is a small loss of low end power.

• SurvivorMan

Posted May 25, 2006 - 12:03 PM

moochie, what did you change your jetting too? and i mean from stock exhaust system because we are at different conditions (altitude and temp) i had to go leaner on the needle and main. i agree, the loud pipe feels more powerful simply from the volume. i tested both stock and Q2 back to back to back in the same conditions and yes, there is a very noticable mid range power...the biggest issue being torque. but this is understandable with a restricted flow.

• moochie

Posted May 25, 2006 - 07:48 PM

I have a 48 pilot /170 main.

Each person has their own take on how stuff runs on their bike so I know everyone will have a different opinion based on their own experience.

A lot of the riding I do would involve mainly low to mid power range stuff and the Q2 is ok with me. For example, I have a track in my backyard that has a step up double area with the approach being a pretty short run out of a 180 degree corner. Using this familiar section as a point of reference, my bike seems to pull strongly on the step up regardless of whether the stock or Q2 muffler is on. One of the main reasons I use the Q2 is that it does a great job of keeping the noise level down, which is a main concern since I dont want to pizz off the neighbors. I'm actually happy enough with the Q2 that I dont really feel the need to swap back to the stock muffler for a race.

I have thought about putting the stock one back on for races...just so I dont run the risk of messing up my quiet muffler.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluestreak450

Posted May 25, 2006 - 08:57 PM

I put the Pro Circuit TI-4 silencer on, and it is obnoxiously more loud. I have never had it sound tested, but I immediately noticed the difference. Pro Circuit says it's 106 dB, and I got the quiet end cap. It's supposed to bring it down to 98 dB. Seems to make the bike breathe easier, though.

• brennnenn

Posted May 26, 2006 - 08:33 AM

My buddy has a PMB [pro moto billet] one. It looks really cool and he said he doesnt notice any power issues.

• RIDE 13

Posted May 29, 2006 - 11:00 AM

:D White Bros. E-2 94 db,no power loss,bolts right on,$279 at motosport outlet.com (1-888-676-8853) :applause:

Posted May 30, 2006 - 04:02 AM

For those of you running the FMF Q2, are you using the stock header or did any of you go with their SX header(#044031) When I called FMF back when I got my 06 and was looking for quiet, they strongly recommended this combo for woods. I have found this to be a very good set up and still relatively quiet. Perhaps a little less pull right off the bottom, but strong everywhere else, and it fit right up very well.

• Fastdaddy

Posted May 30, 2006 - 05:06 AM

I also have the pmb end cap. looks pretty trick, nicely machined, and super easy to install. Sure beat 400.00 for a can. They also have a really trick kickstand for any one who rides the woods.

• SureBlue

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:02 PM

:D White Bros. E-2 94 db,no power loss,bolts right on,$279 at motosport outlet.com (1-888-676-8853) :applause:

I'm thinking of buying this one, when did you get your's at that price?
Can you tell me more about the pipe, perhaps post a pic of your bike? Motosport sells it for 359.95 today, any better deals available?

http://www.motosport...87516&id=312008 (copy - paste)

http://www.whitebrot.../exhaust/e2.htm

Has anyone tried the new GYTR quiet slip-on muffler?
http://www.yamaha-mo...7/0/detail.aspx

Thanks for help.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.