4Strokes.com??

19 replies to this topic
  • TREADMARKS

Posted February 27, 2006 - 04:53 AM

Anyone know what happened, as I have not been able to check them today.

I was following the thread about fitting an XR600 CDI box to an XR650L.

Anyone have any luck, or ever try that over here? :thumbsup:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted February 27, 2006 - 04:55 AM

No luck here either. I am not getting anything, no splash screen, no errors, no nada just a blank page.

• TimBrp

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:38 AM

They had some alternate issues recently. Maybe some upgrades....? It's a low funded site(memberwise) therefore the repairs or upgrades tend to take a tad longer.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted February 28, 2006 - 06:48 AM

It's still a dead link...

• TimBrp

Posted February 28, 2006 - 07:37 AM

I just got in, no problem...??

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted February 28, 2006 - 07:52 AM

Yup, main page is up, but the forums are still down, my saved link is to the forums. the rest appears to be ok now.

• TimBrp

Posted February 28, 2006 - 09:32 AM

I'd have to say I rarely visit the site anymore. I'll respond to a post and 4 days later the guy that asked the question "might" show up. I know there's members on this site that work hard to keep that site going which is great but, it needs a revamp, IMO. If you've got a 650L it seems like the place to grab info though.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 09, 2006 - 09:15 AM

And.......... down they go again?

Can anyone get into 4Strokes? I am getting weird security errors when i try.

• OldThumperLover

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:08 AM

And.......... down they go again?

Can anyone get into 4Strokes? I am getting weird security errors when i try.

I am getting a Windows login now when I hit that site, and my username and password don't work. Weird.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:14 AM

I received the login prompts as well, and my user name/password doesn't work either.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:51 AM

Seems like they have a temporary firewall set up. There is nothing you'll find over there that you can't find here guys...seriously.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 09, 2006 - 10:57 AM

Seems like they have a temporary firewall set up. There is nothing you'll find over there that you can't find here guys...seriously.

I was keeping an eye on several threads there of interest to me. Those threads havent been discussed on this site to my knowledge.

• TimBrp

Posted March 09, 2006 - 11:35 AM

Start the threads here!

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 09, 2006 - 12:08 PM

I happen to like both sites, I frequent them both regularly. The others who go there may/may not come here, so the threads dont always contain the same insights/opinions. I value alot of different opinions etc. when I am looking into something.

I dont watch the same news channel or read the same editorials or listen to the same radio station all the time either, I watch & read & listen to many different ones. You never know where you will find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted March 09, 2006 - 12:29 PM

Dude you're not telling me anything new. Look my name up over there. However, I just find that place to be a tad tempermental(as shown here) and the advice to be sometimes, "whack". However, it is a great site, I just don't think the membership is as responsive as most.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 09, 2006 - 01:14 PM

I happen to like both sites, I frequent them both regularly. The others who go there may/may not come here, so the threads dont always contain the same insights/opinions. I value alot of different opinions etc. when I am looking into something.

:thumbsup:

Happy, I'm dave_cl over there, if I can help with anything.

Dave

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:49 AM

Dude you're not telling me anything new. Look my name up over there. However, I just find that place to be a tad tempermental(as shown here) and the advice to be sometimes, "whack". However, it is a great site, I just don't think the membership is as responsive as most.

*L* yeah, i know it's nothing new. Yes it is tempermental and the advice sometimes is *whack* (where is 2bb btw? :thumbsup: )

The membership does seem slow to respond there sometimes it is true. But i still find it helpfull.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 10, 2006 - 03:50 AM

Happy, I'm dave_cl over there, if I can help with anything.

Dave

I will keep that in mind, thank you for the offer! :thumbsup:

• rkuckkahn

Posted March 10, 2006 - 07:06 AM

Same here no luck. I get a sign in window with user name, password, domain. Can't even log in.

• Muddin

Posted March 10, 2006 - 09:19 AM

I can get into some of the areas but not all. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties comes up on the screen. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.