Installed my new Unabikers today.....

17 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 26, 2006 - 05:13 PM

Brian went ahead and sent me the rad guards he had made for the 250F's and they went on my 450f like a dream. Man, he has really beefed these things up, even better than my WR unabikers. I got the black ones and they look bad ass on my SE. I would highly recommend these to any of you guys looking for a super stout, nice looking rad guard. I will try to get some pics tomorrow, pm me with email if you would like to see them. BnB

• cowboyona426

Posted February 26, 2006 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the info BnB, can't wait for the pics. I think I'm going to go with the WC units, but it's always nice to know about all the options.

• riderman329

Posted February 27, 2006 - 01:26 PM

sent ya a pm!
thanks

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 27, 2006 - 09:27 PM

I sent emails out to those of you that send me your addresses. If you want pics just send me your addy. If you can post the pics on this post that would be cool too. Thanks BnB. I am going to try to get an account to post up some pics.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 27, 2006 - 09:43 PM

Let me see if this works.

http://www.putfile.com/phatazz450

• Idaho_Stas

Posted February 27, 2006 - 10:36 PM

Looks sweet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

• cowboyona426

Posted February 28, 2006 - 09:15 PM

I agree, looks nice :thumbsup:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:16 AM

hey where is everybody getting theses rad guards cuz i cant seem to find a website so if you could post a website that would be great.

aslo are these going to give less airflow than the stock plastic piece.

thanks mike

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:23 AM

Brian has been making the units stronger over the years. My WR units I put on a few months ago to replace the old trashed out units are really superior!
Unabiker is making about 4,000 rad guards a year! Great product and fantastic service! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:27 AM

PS, anybody that is useing these just for MX have you noticed any over heating probs at all. thanks mike

• beezer

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:46 AM

Unabiker makes great stuff and they really do protect the radiaotrs. Have you checked prices on Yamaha radiators. I trashed one on a WR and almost started crying when I heard the price.

I have heard the 06 YZ450 has small radiators and might run hot with guards on.

WC stuff is crap compared to Unabiker in my not-so-humble opinion.

Those Uni's look really good on the YZ!

• JetBlueJoe

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:25 AM

The Unibikers certainly look nice and stout. My only concern is there use for MX. The airflow has to be restricted due to the grating and any restriction in my opinion can't be a good thing. I personally would like to maintain the existing louvers. Can the grating be cut out on the Unibikers and the existing louvers still be used? If so I'll be purchasing 3 sets. My sons KTM has stout guards that are marketed by KTM and manufactured in Europe they look very similar in design to the Unibiker only no grating and they maintain the existing louvers. There constructed of 1/8 aluminum with the rod stiffeners and do they work well as I'm sure the Unibikers do in preventing radiator colapse.

• stknrdr

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:58 AM

Loved the pics and videos...especially fat men cant jump hehehe...reminds me of ....me.

• SureBlue

Posted March 20, 2006 - 12:25 PM

The Unibikers certainly look nice and stout. My only concern is there use for MX. The airflow has to be restricted due to the grating and any restriction in my opinion can't be a good thing. I personally would like to maintain the existing louvers. Can the grating be cut out on the Unibikers and the existing louvers still be used? If so I'll be purchasing 3 sets. My sons KTM has stout guards that are marketed by KTM and manufactured in Europe they look very similar in design to the Unibiker only no grating and they maintain the existing louvers. There constructed of 1/8 aluminum with the rod stiffeners and do they work well as I'm sure the Unibikers do in preventing radiator colapse.

Patience, my friend, I'm on it, but still no delivery date. I'll go to the dealer again tomorrow. :thumbsup:

• ncmountainman

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:30 PM

i have the unabikers on my 05 yz,i cut about 3/8" off the backside of the louvres(every fin,top to bottom) then ziptied them in front. still clears the fender and the fins line up perfectly with the air slots in the gaurds :thumbsup:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:40 AM

i have the unabikers on my 05 yz,i cut about 3/8" off the backside of the louvres(every fin,top to bottom) then ziptied them in front. still clears the fender and the fins line up perfectly with the air slots in the gaurds :thumbsup:

do u think you could post a pic of that for me or email them to me, thanks a lot

zimetal@optonline.net

• ncmountainman

Posted March 21, 2006 - 02:45 PM

i'm computer illiterate but i'll try to splain better; grind off(i used a dremel) the vertical part of the louvres that stick back towards the rad all the way to the horizontal cross braces of the louvre. basically cutting the backside off. then zip tie it to the gaurd(if you don't use the backside braces you can still bolt the outside of the louvres to the rad and just zip the inside). not only does this keep the mud out,it directs the air perfectly through the slots of the unabiker;almost like it was designed that way......brian?

• 2fastwhitey

Posted March 21, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Looks good.

Here is that link for you to find them:
http://shop.thumpert...er_radguard.htm

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.