Orange Crush Plastic Kit

22 replies to this topic
  • boxsterboy

Posted September 25, 2001 - 05:52 AM

Has anyone put on the YZF426 orange crush plastic kit by Arerbis on there 01 WR426. I'm worried that the side plate (muffler side) might be an issue.

Yes I'm switching to a YZ tank and seat.

01 WR426 Uncorked.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 25, 2001 - 06:20 AM

Boxer, Don't worry about the fit of the YZ plastic, that's all I've ever bought. It would be a good idea to line the inside of the plate with heat tape. On the other side you will need to cut out a clearance "notch" to clear the coolant reserve bottle. Are you sure you want orange?? Or maybe you really want to ride a Katoom!!!! Just kidding!! Good luck!

Posted September 25, 2001 - 07:11 AM

When I converted My WR to YZ plastic I didn't have to cut out anything. Every part bolted up with no problems...Even with the overflow bottle still in place.

Bonzai :)

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 25, 2001 - 07:35 AM

The YZ rear fender does indeed need to be notched for the overflow bottle. Just place the new YZ fender over the old WR fender and trace the notched area onto the YZ fender, then trim it as required.

N 33'41.156" W117'59.749"
HelmetCam Videos

• wayneoXCF

Posted September 25, 2001 - 12:33 PM

If you decide to do it, make sure you post some pics!

• mxchamps

Posted September 25, 2001 - 08:22 PM

Orange?! Heck if you want an ugly bike just buy a KTM.

• Chris_Slade

Posted September 25, 2001 - 08:36 PM

Putting a costume on a chijuaja doesn't make it a pit bull!

You can dress it up to look like on, you can put decals on it to look like one, you may even fool a few people to think it is one, but it will NEVER BE A KTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wanted one, why didn't you buy one?!!

:D again

'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• DOC

Posted September 26, 2001 - 12:55 AM

The funny thing with KTM owners is that they seem to be part of a cult. You are either with them, or you are a nobody. Just check out their discussion page! it seems all they do is reassure each other of how great their KTM's are.

• tripm

Posted September 26, 2001 - 07:54 AM

I'm offended at your generalization about ktm owners(not really!). I just sold my wr and bought a ktm exc 400 and I don't feel it's all it's cracked up to be. It does whoop the wr on lots of trails, but after I bought it and spent so much $, I find out it needs a steering damper and fork revalve. It gets scary in 3rd and 4th gear and all of the sudden you can't feel the front end. But the starter button does make you less tired during the ride.

• *mike68*

Posted September 26, 2001 - 07:57 AM

Don't worry, our WR cult is way better.

We will have to see about that tight trails concept next time we ride. I can't wait to try that thing.

[This message has been edited by *mike68* (edited September 26, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_Slade

Posted September 26, 2001 - 12:18 PM

Cult? Hmm...sure, why not. :)

Expensive, yeah, I think a little too....but it's one sweet machine. Only bike that needs no hop-ups or component changes to ride or race :D

Nah, they're all good, I'm just so impressed with mine. Dads 426 hasn't given me the thrills that this thing has.

'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• DOC

Posted September 26, 2001 - 09:38 PM

Honestly, can the KTMs match the Japanese bikes on reliability? My friends had the earlier models (only two or three years old) and they were always fixing things on them. In fact, one 2000 model 300exc cracked a swing arm after almost one year and it wasn't covered by warranty. They claimed it was 'wear and tear'. Go figure?

• *mike68*

Posted September 27, 2001 - 02:43 AM

Wr426 vs DRZ
Yamaha vs KTM

Does it ever end?

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 27, 2001 - 03:40 AM

Just smile and say, "You are right". Then walk away.

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• *mike68*

Posted September 27, 2001 - 04:43 AM

My WR is less than a year old and if I crecked my swingarm I wiuld expect to hear the same thing.

• KTM250rm

Posted September 27, 2001 - 05:09 AM

Since there is a Orange Crush kit for the WR's and YZ's, how about a BLUE ICE kit for the KTM's. When I am riding around with all my Yamaha buddies, I would like to have my KTM match the color of their bikes. Anyone have any ideas??

'01 DRZ400S
'00 KTM250exc

• TW

Posted September 27, 2001 - 07:17 AM

Go to the Acerbis site, I believe they have the plastic you want.........TW

99 WR400

• KTM250rm

Posted September 27, 2001 - 09:11 PM

Thanks TW, don't I know you from somewhere :)

'01 DRZ400S
'00 KTM250exc

• mxchamps

Posted September 27, 2001 - 03:51 PM

All I know is my buddies KTMs are great bikes for about a year. Then it's time to get a new one because thats when all the repairs start getting real spendy. And the strangest things seem to break on them? I love you Japan!

• DOC

Posted September 28, 2001 - 12:15 AM

Maby its because the Japanese do 16 hour days, six days a week. Think they know what they are doing. I hear that the Austrians like to drink beer.....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.