How the on earth do I....

3 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted September 24, 2001 - 11:53 PM

raise my bars and move them forward ??

I have searched and searched but cannot find one site that offers a doodad that bolts on to my triple clamp and rises the bars and moves them forward.

I'm at my wits end.

Anybody ???

Any other suggestions ??

I already have quite a tall aftermarket bar but feel it needs to be about 1 inch taller and about 1 inch more forward.

------------------
The Missile
'99 WR400F
Airbox Lid - gone
Throttle Stop - shorty!
Plastics/Tank/Seat - One Industries
Street Legal

• Taffy

Posted September 25, 2001 - 12:00 AM

lot's of companies do top clamps and offer you the chance to go back or forward by turning the clamps around. if you put "top clamp" in the 'search' and go back one year somebody managed to show about 20 different ones on a seperate link.

if you have standard TC's on a 98/99 they're bad, if they're on a 00/01 they're 10mm further forward.

don't forget to get the correct bend. i now have a set of carmichael bars that are straight with no 'sweep back' and they're right for me. this also took the bars 10mm forward in itself.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nev-WR

Posted September 25, 2001 - 02:03 AM

Have a look on the YZ400/426 site. There is a bit of info on such bar extenders -topic "Tall Bars": http://www.thumperta...TML/002603.html
Thumper Racing have them.

• Woody426

Posted September 28, 2001 - 08:09 PM

My 1999 Thumper Racing catalog has them listed in 1" or 1.5". they are called bar elevators. 1-800-259-5186 or maybe they have a web site now. :)

Woody

[This message has been edited by Woody426 (edited September 28, 2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.