new problem any ideas?

6 replies to this topic
  • ram1000

Posted February 25, 2006 - 09:29 AM

I did too many changes to the XR650l at one time. I rejetted, adjusted valves and removed the injector pump with a kit from IMS. The bike ran fine before my cahnges but now it has littel power and pops through the exhaust when I take off. Is tehre some little thing I missed that some one else has experienced here. It acts like dirt in the main jet.

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 25, 2006 - 09:42 AM

Did you change to foam air filter or put a different exhaust on? That would be the only time you'd rejet. The stock carb settings work with the factory corked XRL, whether or not you pull the smog crap off.

Also, check the routing of the carb vacuum lines. You might have inadvertently blocked one off instead of connecting a line to it, or installed a line in the wrong place.

• GIANTac1

Posted February 25, 2006 - 10:33 AM

Make sure your vaccuum lines are nice and snug. Mine ran like crap until I fixed my lines. Did you drill the slide?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted February 25, 2006 - 10:36 AM

Did you change to foam air filter or put a different exhaust on? That would be the only time you'd rejet. The stock carb settings work with the factory corked XRL, whether or not you pull the smog crap off.

Also, check the routing of the carb vacuum lines. You might have inadvertently blocked one off instead of connecting a line to it, or installed a line in the wrong place.

Must have routed the vac. lines wrong.

• TREADMARKS

Posted February 25, 2006 - 11:24 AM

Must have routed the vac. lines wrong.

And/or set the valves to tight?

• ram1000

Posted February 25, 2006 - 05:22 PM

None of the above, but thanks. I found two problems:
1. the spark plug cap was broken and making intermitent contact.
2. I had removed the kick stand switch and teh bike would quit when I sliped into gear. The combination made me look for things that weren't teh problem.

Any one know how to rewire the kick stand switch? This bike won't start in gear at all. It must be in nuetral. Is that the way all of tehm are?

• ram1000

Posted February 25, 2006 - 05:29 PM

By the way i just rode this bike today after all teh rejetting and new parts on it. I am amazed the way it handles and corners. I had a 640 KTM LC4 until last november and the 650L is every bit as good handling as that was. It is slightly down on power, but not a lot. It feels lighter as well.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.