Tusk D-Flex Handguards

Hey Chase

I would suggest not buying these as the front mount is super weak. My wife looped her TTR and one of the mounts busted. A friend's wife did the same with her TTR. I ended up buying Acerbis mounts which cost another $20, that make them more expensive than my Acerbis guards. Go to Rockymountain and buy the Acerbis for $65, you will be glad.

Ryan

I have the Tusk handguards on three bikes. I think they are a good value. The mount is a bit different than other handguards I have seen, but I haven't broken one yet.

Are other brands better? Probably, but these are good for the price in my opinion.

I plan on going to triple clamp mounts, so weak mounts aren't a big deal to me. However, I may have a line on a set of Rally Pro's cheap so I may go that route anyways. If they fall through, maybe I'll give the Tusk units a shot... I'm just not too keen on the Cycra's that everyone likes so much for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread came up on a search to see if anyone else had the same problem with these handguards as I did.

Count me in as another with a broken front mount. Laid the bike down this afernoon at low speed and snapped it right off. The weak spot appears to be the adjustment slot.

I'm calling RMATV in the morning to see if they'll make good on them. Refund, not replacement. These things are junk.

-Bob