seat/tank question

3 replies to this topic
  • Punisher660

Posted February 24, 2006 - 11:19 AM

Will the seat/tank off of an 05WR450 fit an 04WR450 :thumbsup:

• sleighdriver

Posted February 24, 2006 - 01:51 PM

Yes it will. I did this to my 03-wr250f, and they both (03' & 04' 250/450f's)use the same tank and seat. The 05' tank and seat will bolt right on, no problems or modifications. Keep in mind that it only holds 2.1 gallons of fuel, so the range on your 450 will be limitted to 40 - 60 miles depending on how you ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AnimalDan

Posted February 25, 2006 - 08:58 AM

I don't think the 04 and 05 tanks are interchangeable, but I am not sure. If you get an IMS aftermarket tank for an 04, you have to replace the radiator shrouds with YZ versions. If you put the same tank on an 05, you do not have to replace the radiator shrouds. Based upon this I would assume that they are not interchangeable. But you know what "assume" stands for :thumbsup:

• Punisher660

Posted February 27, 2006 - 08:58 AM

Anyone else have an opinion on this one?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.