Needle jet adjustment

5 replies to this topic
  • xr_stamm

Posted February 24, 2006 - 05:14 AM

When I was opening up my carb the other day, I noticed the one jet appeared to be adjustable on the height. The one that the needle goes into has a jam nut. If you take that out, how do you ensure you get it back in the right spot? I uncorked my bike and I noticed the new billet exhaust tip (ebay) that I put on in the uncorking was rather black after a short ride < 1 mile.

• pigryder

Posted February 24, 2006 - 06:24 AM

FIRST OFF r OF l AND EXACTLY WHAT DID YOU DO IN UNCORKING?

• HawkGT

Posted February 24, 2006 - 07:57 AM

That is the emucification tube. The main jet screws into it (on the bottom end) and the needle slides into it (on the top end). It is not an adjustment point. It should be bottomed out and then secured with the jam nut.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr_stamm

Posted March 13, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Thanks. I've been on Mars for a week or so. I'll pull it back out and verify.

I was getting some strange behavior when I would roll off from WOT. It would seem to breifly pick up power as I rolled off. I would get a lurch from the bike momentarily. Ever hear of this?

• HawkGT

Posted March 13, 2006 - 04:07 PM

Thanks. I've been on Mars for a week or so. I'll pull it back out and verify.

I was getting some strange behavior when I would roll off from WOT. It would seem to breifly pick up power as I rolled off. I would get a lurch from the bike momentarily. Ever hear of this?

Yes I have heard of that. See the second post in this thread: http://www.thumperta...ghlight=popping .

That's the only place I've heard of the "roll-off" meathod for main selection so I couldn't comment as to it's applicability to all carbs/settups. But, following that meathod you should try a smaller main and see if the condition improves. What main are you running and what is your elevation?

Report back because I'm curious about it.

• xr_stamm

Posted March 17, 2006 - 02:46 AM

It got cold up here again, so riding has stopped. I'll try soon and get back to you guys. Thanks for the tip. That post seemed like good information.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.