Quick Jetting Question: E-series and uncorked

4 replies to this topic

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:38 PM

I'm going to have to re-jet after I just put on the WB e-series pipe. I took it for a spin and it's dying when I'm stopped and popping a lot on decel (lean?).. It is uncorked but no cams or headers. Those are stock. I'm heading out this weekend to go ride and only have time to grab the jets tomorrow and then I'll tinker with the carb once we get to the riding spot.

I'm guessing 68s and 175 main? Anyone else run this set-up and if so what is your jetting set at?

Oh yeah my air box side panel is not cut out either and I'm running the stock carb ...

Appreciate the help!

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:49 PM

Oh yeah, I'm at sea level also...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x thread

Posted February 23, 2006 - 08:11 PM

Oh yeah, I'm at sea level also...

i,m running mine at 172 main 65 pilot stock needle clip at 4th notch from top run,s great .airbox is opened up .good luck oh 2 1/4 turns out on air screw also .

• HawkGT

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:33 PM

I'm uncorked (airbox inserts, manifold, stock exhaust w/HRC tip) at 1300ft. 65s pilot was way too lean on my bike--popping under decel, not a very good idle, etc. Even at 5500ft the 65s was still too lean.

68 pilot (haven't tried a 68s, but I'm skeptical about "S" jets) cleared up the slow circuit nicely.

I bet a 68s and 175 main will be darn close.

• JackAttack

Posted February 24, 2006 - 05:57 AM

68s/172 800ft

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.